Re: Digest Number 498

From: Coridan <argrath_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 19:25:23 -0000

> >On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Gareth Martin wrote:
<Snip back and forth about two weapons>

I just had a thought as to how to do two weapon style in HW:

First, when fighting an opponent one-on-one, let two weapon fighting be an Ability that acts as an Augment to the primary one - For example, Lunar Mystic Durusa has Fight With Scimitar at 5W and Whirling Blades Martial Art at 17. Let her roll the Whirling Blades as an Augment to her Fight With Scimitar when dealing with those pesky Orlanthi and Pentans.

Second, against multiple opponents, do the Augment thing again, but use the Augment to cancel out multiple attacker penalties (i hope I got that right, rules wise.)

Rules wise, what's the difference between an off hand blade attack and a shield bash? This is Hero Wars! Who cares about simulating two-weapon fighting, let's try to model how it looks and feels in a novel or movie based on Glorantha.

> Message: 9
> Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:09:22 +0200 (EET)
> From: Olli Kantola <nysalor_at_...>
> Subject: Re: HW basic stuff
>
> On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Coridan wrote:
>
> > ASSOCIATE MAGIC -
>
> I believe that Worship Storm Paentheon pretty much covers this.
>
> Olli Kantola

Well, not precisely. The Pantheon Relationship really covers divine intervention. That is one way to model it, I suppose, but I really do like the RQ idea of gods lending each other their magic, and certain secrets from other deities being lent to allied cults. It strikes me as a very Lightbringer thing.

Chris Bell
argrath_at_...
coridan_at_...
The Hero Wars Are Now!