Re: HPs and normal abilities house rule.

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 13:26:39 -0000

Yep. Its called 'being heroic!'

>That brings us to the point that if heroic individuals
> encounter normal, but competent individuals (such as enemy
weaponthanes or
> something) then if they have heropoints, they are very likely to use
them.

Its sort of like running into a lower level monster in another game. =) Of course, the weapon thanes can wear you down and give you a rough time. However, in Sartar Rising, there's some rules on giving your folks a home field advantange -- which explains why a whole fyrd raiding another clan is big news and requires hard work and harder magic to bring off.

> danger against opponents that don't have heropoints. On the other
hand if
> only major villains have heropoints, then only they pose a danger to
the
> pcs and they have to use their own points...

True. I give villans and big guys a heropoint or to -- if only to escape. But one has to avoid the 'he gets away' syndrome of your standard serrial or tv-series.

(He's getting away.... slowly!)

> And yes, I should shut up about this, since this isn't about the
rules
> anymore. :-)

Move it to the herowars list? =)

Jeff