Re: Re: HPs and normal abilities house rule.

From: Olli Kantola <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 13:56:57 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Tim Ellis wrote:

> Spending a Heropoint on the roll bumps the rollers level of success 1
> place (so is the same as a 15W2 affinity)
> ^20 - 57.25%
> Because of the strange "boundry effects" of having a score of 20

Oh yeah, I fumbled. It really is quite strange.

> ...And yes, having the whole fyrd with armour of ^20 is pretty tough!!

It truly is and if one heropoint is what you need to win a battle that can, if lost, make your clan starve for a year, then I'm willing to make that choice. That brings us to the point that if heroic individuals encounter normal, but competent individuals (such as enemy weaponthanes or something) then if they have heropoints, they are very likely to use them. If on the other hand they don't have them, then the PCs aren't in any real danger against opponents that don't have heropoints. On the other hand if only major villains have heropoints, then only they pose a danger to the pcs and they have to use their own points...

And yes, I should shut up about this, since this isn't about the rules anymore. :-)

Olli Kantola