Re: Disciples: 10W relationship with followers

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 02:11:45 -0000

> Disciples are extremely rare and dedicated people. We don't expect
> that they will be a goal for most heroes - by becoming a disciple
> you are giving up your own chance at Hero/Superherodom and giving
> yourself fully to your god. It;'s a bit like being a Devotee of a
> Great God and learning the Secret (going out of play) - your hero
> will not be remembered as "Joe the Killer of Albino Penguins" and
> be worshipped after his death, but as "Orlanth Adventurous on
> Earth".
>
> It isn't the same as RQ's Rune levels at all. It is a submersion of
> your Self into the Godhead.

Shhhhh! don't say that, you'll have the RQ grognards up in arms ;-)

Actually, I agree - I don't want my current character to become a disciple of Issaries. Indeed, as an aside, I'm not certain that is reasonable to allow a PC to become a disciple of Issaries - it is too easy to for a disciple-merchant to support himself in a lavish fashion without the need for supporters to provide material support (of course, they are still essential for magical support and physical defense).

regards,
Charles