Re:Virtues

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 13:34:22 -0000

Benedict wrote:

> Affinities and Grimiores (sp?) are more expensive to improve during
> play, which suggests they should likewise be more expensive to
> 'purchase' during character creation.

And likewise for misapplied worship?

> Perhaps you could keep the existing system, but allow the players
> to make small changes to the numbers, with a points system for
> balancing the increases and decreases.

I'd have thought an informal system of allowing "overs & unders" up to a point (+2 to this ability, -2 to that one) would be preferable to the original suggestion of a pooling system. This ain't RuneQuest: not everybody gets the same number or "value" of abilities out of character generation.

Cheers, Nick