how the list works

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 08:12:22 -0700

> Well, I reckon there's been enough time for strong objections to come
> through, so I am going to post the Pantheons article.

While I don't object, I'd like to remind everyone about mailing lists... Just because you got one or two replies within the 6 hours you waited does not mean that you waited long enough. In particular, some people read this mailing list via the web, and probably check it only every day or so. Others (like me) read it in Digest form, which comes out with variable frequency (approximately once or twice a day). And all this assumes that people read the list as soon as the message shows up in their in box.

So as a general rule (this is the rules list :-), you need to wait at *least* one day, probably two, to make sure everybody has read any particular message.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein