Worship

From: Jarec <jarec_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 12:03:19 -0000

I presume that if a temple or shrine is not available a Devotee or at a push an Initiate could hold an impromptu ceremony anywhere.

Example:

An Orlanth Devotee could hold holy day ceremonies at the top of any high hill. Not as good as the real thing but better than nothing.

Being removed from suitable worship sites during holy days must be a circumstance that occurs reasonably frequently.

I was also wondering how best to handle denial of worship.

Example:

Trolls capture a Yelmalio and keep him bound and gagged in an unlit cave during sacred time.

The Yelmalio obviously cannot worship but is there any definition between inability and unwillingness. It would be a bit nasty to have Yelm punish him in these circumstances.

I have a long adventure about to start that may take the heroes far from clan lands for an extended period and was wondering how best to approach this?

Jarec