Re: I could use some advice...

From: Gerald Bosch <gbosch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 00:31:48 -0400

Alex Ferguson wrote:

> I'd say that (for example) Hide in Cover was entirely appropriate
> (assuming there is any!), but what you must bear in mind that
> "successes", or even "victory" in doing this are only going to make
> you, well, really well hidden. You can't "hurt" the archer like this
> (other than his pride in being able to pick you off at a 1/4 mile).
> This is the key trickiness in such contests: they're asymmetrical,
> and sometimes border on being two separate contests, happening in
> parallel.

This has been one of my problems... deciding which AP exchanges to describe as "Your arrow smacks into the tree by his head driving him to take cover" and which to describe as "Your arrow whizzes by his head, slowing his approach, but he continues to advance."

> Ah, the "mystic strike" approach. ;-) What about having it give a
> large-ish bonus, but only on actions on which sufficient APs are bid
> for it to have the "appropriate" effect? Esp. parting shots/coups de
> gr�ce.

Thanks. Your ideas and Jeff's have really helped me out on this point.

Gerald