Re: Re: Logarithmic Add Ons

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 13:36:58 +1000

Greg Stafford wrote:
> >> Replacing Lunar Magic with fixed modifiers rather than multipli-
> >> cation is another thing absolutely high on my wish list for HW 2.
> >> But I wish I was more hopeful that it will happen - it was also
> >> something I said strongly in playtest.
> Many things were said in play test.
>
> >On the one hand, many people were (IMO correctly) saying that Lunar
> >Magic being weaker inside the Glowline than outside it at the Full
> >Moon is wrong in the light of all our Gloranthan experience.
> Many other people had no problem understanding this.
>
> >Whoever should have been listening to us dismissed both objections
> >together, leading to the current unsatisfactory state of affairs.
> Unsatisfactory for some.
>
> >Let's hope common sense prevails next time around.
> YGMV.
Oh dear.

I really (truly) am not wanting to say so... but I feel I have to :-(

The above comments from Greg indicate to me, as a herowars lurker and, currently, non-player wannabe, that the utterer has an ego as large as Kero Fin and isn't ready to listen to anyone. If (!) I were a shareholder in a company this person was CEO, and the company was trying to create a product for a very limited market, and they were saying things like this to people *in* the market, in a public forum, I'd be selling my shares very quickly or being more proactive in asking the CEO to work with the people who are paying him - those he wants to sell to.

Maybe Greg has had a bad hair day. The medium doesn't have a good way for us to have these, make such comments, and have everyone know what's behind them. They just make the utterer look bad.

I truly hope, for HW's sake, that the comments are *not* generally indicative of Issaries' attitude to its future. Or,IMVHO, it doesn't have one.

Robert
(who has bought every HW product so far and has every intention of continuing to do so)