Re: augments

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:45:23 +0100

> From: "Charles Corrigan" <glorantha_at_...>
>I believe that the rules do allow this on the basis of anything not
>explicitly forbidden is allowed. But we have had this discussion
>before... ;-)

Advanced Magic has rules for lowering resistance on augments when the target is being touched. This implies that the default rules are for non-touching augments which must be entities (objects & people) other than the caster.

>A very much underused option is AP-lending. If my character has poor
>close combat but loads of APs due to followers and another character
>has good close combat but few APs and is facing an equally good or
>better opponent. I would be stupid to have my character attack the
>opponent directly as there is a good chance that my character will
>transfer APs to the opponent making the situation worse. Far better
>that I lend APs to the other character who has a reasonable chance of
>taking APs from the opponent.

Yes. It needs to be used more. I've occasionally used it for firing into a melee.

Thom