Re: Re: Prax

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 13:37:40 PDT

Wulf Corbett:

> > My guesses for the rune scheme of the examples that you mention:

> > Animist-Praxian-Waha-Bison-[clan]

> > Animist-Praxian-Eiritha-Ostrich-[clan]

> > Animist-Praxian-Storm Bull-[temple]-[rhino]

>But how, in game terms, does this differ from my interpretation?

Your usage of tradition to describe the spirits available to a particular group of people seemed to me to be a narrow definition.

>I was under the impression
>Animists learned to find & use spirits according to the Traditions
>they learned, so wouldn't it be the same thing, with many common
>spirits accessable to each Tradition?

I do not believe in a Ostrich Eiritha tradition or a Bison Waha tradition. I do believe that there is a class of spirits contacble by Eiritha and a class of spirits contactable by Bison nomads. That would be a better way to catergorize the praxian tradition than to construct lots of little traditions.

--Peter Metcalfe