Re: SIMILARITIES

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 19:42:43 PDT

Guy Hoyle:

Me> >In the God Learner sense (or at least what Greg once said -
> >he may have changed his mind since), [Mostal and Malkion] >are both
>religions of the sorcerous perspective. The key >difference between them
>is that the Malkioni believe that >the World was originally energy and
>became matter. The
> >Mostali believe that the World was originally matter and became
> >energy.

>Interesting. And this pattern does pretty much hold true for the >Malkioni,
>the Mostali, and the Vadeli (or do I seem to remember that they split off
>from the Brithini at some point?). Don't recall the Vadeli cosmology
>offhand.

It holds for the Malkioni and the Mostali. The Vadeli were originally one of the Malkioni tribes, just like the Brithini.

>>[The IG is Mostal] In pretty much the same way as Urox and Storm Bull are
>>the same god.

>Wonder if there'll be mystic, animistic, or theistic versions
>somewhere?

Of the Invisible God? One could argue that the mystical Durapradur, the Void etc is that entity, whereas the Pamaltelan version is Earthmaker. Greg has this idea that theistic worship of him is a Bad Thing, and the Avanapdur Error that devastated the East Isles is a prime example of this.

--Peter Metcalfe