Re: Grazers

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 10:37:46 -0400

Dave Bailey wrote:

> [Dave Bailey] Peter Writes
>
> > >No. Some Grazers are descended from Pain Centaurs while others are
> > >Pure Horse refugees from Prax, who fled to Dragon Pass to die as
> > >heroes rather than live as slaves on the Plaines of Prax.
> >
> [Dave Bailey] OK, 2 things, (I wish I had the book with me at work)
> the HW Players guide doesn't say anything about Pure Horse refugees and what
> are your sources?
> :-)

His sources are KoS and many, many bits and pieces through the Praxian books and Jonstown Compendium (can't quite remember the sources at the moment). And the HW book doesn't say anything for 2 reasons: Its not a document that dwells on the history of Dragon Pass except in a very casual way.

The Pain Centaurs arose back at the end of the EWF and the Pure Horse Refugees were driven from Prax sometime after the DragonKill Wars and before the breaching of the Deathline. There was no deathline along the Prax border, apparently.

And the Pure Horse Refugees are mentioned in KoS in several places as well as the Pain Centaurs.

Jeff