RE: Vampires and Corpses

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_...>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 15:50:34 +0100

Jeff writes:

> Rune Tatoo'd weirdos? I think that was Sun County.

Yep. My brain glitched.

> Hmmm. I think I like the thought of vampiric draugr. I agree that vampires
> should be variable through out glorantha, keyed to whatever the culture
is.

Here's a good link for you, then:
http://chmeee.pronetsolutions.com/gd/glorantha%2Dv6/msg00785.html

> Does anyone really know how Delecti gets around? He seems to be, from
what
> little I have seen, something that possesses bodies serially, rather than
> true physical immortal.

Yep: his spirit possesses dead bodies, inhabits them while they rot and decompose, and eventually has to move on to a new home. More on this in Tales #19.

> More like Frankestein rather than Dracula.

Except that it's him who lives in the reanimated corpses. (And, of course, he creates other forms of undead as an experiment and a sideline).

> Or am I out of my tree again?

Probably, but I can't tell from this post alone.

> I'll look forward to it! Please send some to Canada this time. We were
> completely unaware of its existence until 2 years ago. =(

The ignorance of Canadians is proverbial. If it wasn't for the Queen and Commonwealth lending an occasional hand, there'd be no hope for you! :-)

Cheers, Nick