Re: Digest Number 19

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 17:59:28 PDT

Thomas Baguley:

> >>[Urox and Storm Bull are] separate as St. Talor and >>Yu-Kargazant!

Me> >In that case, you are probably wrong.

>I was recapping "official rumours" from the HW and HW-rules list that they
>were separate entities and one was not misapplied worhsip of the other.

Just because Urox is not misapplied worship of Storm Bull and vice versa does not mean that the duo are as separate as St. Talor and Yu-Kargzant.

Even the only person within spitting distance of officialdom (probably when he is in the same office as Greg) has stated that he believes the two are the same being.

> >I believe [Yelm and Yu-Kargzant] are the same divinity viewed >through
>different patterns of belief.

>There have been several suns in Glorantha. Elmal is also the Sun (for
>Orlanthi).

Another (orlanthi) name for the solar divinity IMO.

>I think there is one sun on the mundane plane (since time
>began). There were several suns before time began. I don't think there is a
>one-to-one mapping between mundane plane entities and entities outside
>time.

Given that the worshippers of these suns (namely Elmal, Ehilm, Yu-kargzant, Yelm, Somash and Zerel Farn) all believe that their sun is the only sun in the sky, what's wrong with a many-to-one mapping rather than insisting that these suns are all seperate beings?

--Peter Metcalfe