Re: Re: Elmal Questions

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 18:04:44 PDT

Tim Ellis:

>[how is Elmal known to the fire tribe]
> > I'd call him a traitor, wouldn't you?

>Do the Solar worshippers still consider him in this way, or is he the
>god who threw away his solar heritage to save the barbarians (not
>necessarily a traitor, just strange...) - I'm thinking here of
>Conscientious objectors who turn out to be heroes (You can tell which
>War Comics I read as a kid, can't you).

Since Elmal fought for the Heortlings against Shargash and the Dara Happans in the great darkness, the Solars will probably call him a traitor (plus they'll think he's mad for actually fighting Shargash).

>What I was wondering was whether Elmal was worshipped/reviled by
>solar cultures, or identified with another figure by them...

I'm not aware of any reconciliation since then and in KoDP, Elmal rebuffs the Emperor.

--Peter Metcalfe