Re: Digest Number 19

From: t.s.baguley_at_...
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 14:29:40 +0100

>Thomas Baguley:

>>Me>It depends on what you mean by "separate entities". If you
>> >mean they are as separate as Than and Atyar or do you mean
>> >they are separate as Orlanth and Humakt?
>
>>Neither. As separate as St. Talor and and Yu-Kargazant!
>
>In that case, you are probably wrong.

I was recapping "official rumours" from the HW and HW-rules list that they were separate entities and one was not misapplied worhsip of the other. I'm perfectly happy to be wrong.

>>One is a deity the
>>other is a great spirit (according to official noises from HW-rules and HW
>>lists).
>
>Yelm is a God, Yu-Kargzant is a Great Spirit. Yet they are both the
>sun. Is it your opinion that there are two suns in the sky? I

No.

>believe they are the same divinity viewed through different patterns
>of belief.

There have been several suns in Glorantha. Elmal is also the Sun (for Orlanthi). I think there is one sun on the mundane plane (since time began). There were several suns before time began. I don't think there is a one-to-one mapping between mundane plane entities and entities outside time.

Thom