Re: Re: Womens in Loskalm

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 22:01:02 +1200

At 09:04 29/06/00 +0000, you wrote:

> >All Malkioni who
> >recognize Elleish as a valid saint are required to recognize the
> >legal and moral force of this Blessing, though they are free to
> >begrudge it.

>"Legal Force" for Loskalmi, would mean they HAVE to allow her
>devotees caste mobility.

Not quite. Castes only exist for men.

>And since, for Loskalmi, the army is THE route to the
>higher castes, we need some special units to take these women.

You don't need special units as women already work in subordinate roles in the army. A Xemelan Healer working in a military hospital under the supervision of a Doctor would be an example of such. There's also the valkyrietypes  that rescue the fallen in the field of battle that's described in p71 of the Glorantha Book.

>My
>thinking on the regiments in the loskalmi army was in any case that
>they have patron saints to encourage regimental identity, this starts
>to fit well.

Semi-iconic banners and flags was my thinking (the Loskalmi empower them by saluting them and this is used to strengthen the regiment whose flag was saluted). These devices function similarly to the palaces described in the box on page 71.

--Peter Metcalfe