Re: Womens in Loskalm

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 13:03:52 -0000

Richard Bourke wrote:

> And given that she's in the Glorantha book under Seshnela, her
> existence is official too.

Yep, certainly. Good, eh?

> "Legal Force" for Loskalmi, would mean they HAVE to allow her
> devotees caste mobility.

Yes.

> And since, for Loskalmi, the army is THE route to the higher
> castes, we need some special units to take these women.

Well... if you look at my Tales #13 writeup under St Xemela, you'll see that I allowed her Orders of Healers (who are explicitly willing to lay down their lives for the good of their country, as required in Hrestol's Vow) to progress through the castes on that basis.

That is: the Army is the MAIN route to the higher castes, but I don't think it should be the ONLY route.

We used Loskalmi sexist hypocrisy in "How the West was One" -- the only female Cardinal felt she had been given non-combatant roles when she wanted to be in the thick of the fighting. Luckily, she took a year out as Knight Errant, but then (of course) everyone mistook her for a man, including -- memorably, and with disastrous consequences -- the Queen of the Kiss herself.

I may post chunks from her character sheet if this rumbles on...

> What say the list coordinators ? Am I extending this too far ?

Seems fine to me. And I'm a Moderator. (I strive to be a moderate moderator, only moderating in moderation).

Cheers, Nick