Re: Myths are getting plain silly

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 16:35:36 -0000

At last, a clear idea of what you actualy want to see.

> me, unsastisfying. At the moment HW is looking destined for a
shelf
> labelled "nice idea, poor execution" and I'll rip off the mechanics
> for something else.

Ok, fair enough. Since the 'something else' clearly referes to better executed RPGs that you do feel are playable, perhaps you can give examples of how this kind of material has been better presented. Harn perhaps? I've never read any of it, so I can't comment from personal experience.

Perhaps material from these other games can be adapted to a Gloranthan context?

My own feeling is that by emphasising mythology, more general cultural material, and producing gameable source material like BA, HW is playing to it's strengths. Of course HW has weaknesses, but in it's strengths HW is unchallenged.

Simon Hibbs