Re: Now, Roll for Illumination

From: Pete McAveney <mcaveney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 17:40:01 GMT

>>If everybody 'knows' the effect of throwing rugs, then
>>throwing rugs will work.
>
>By that logic, would an incomer to the area be immune to having a
>Helemakt Thunderous devotee blow the roof of his house?

Well, no, obviously. That's the interesting difference between Glorantha and the real world - in Glorantha, the magic works anyhow. (I could also quibble that 'everybody' doesn't have to include the incomer, just the community of the Helemakt devotee - his coreligionists. No worship = dead god = not much magic)

In the interests of brevity I didn't make the argument airtight - which is why my posts are Metcalphed on a regular basis :)

Pete McAveney