Re: Digest Number 756

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:01:09 +0100

Hello,

Montag, 18:23:48, Simon asked:

HeroWars> Yes, we all want more detail, but what detail is actualy HeroWars> preventing you from running or playing in a game?

I share many of the concerns brought up recently.

although I've played KoDP, read all the Hero Wars books & have access to all [?:)] published RQ books, I still find it hard to imagine the most basic things about what life in Sartar is all about. granted - I know what gods people pray to or what rites/rituals they're holding, but Glorantha is getting more and more "alien", and we all know a lot esoteric stuff
but if not for John Hughes' description of a typical hearth I'd be lost when players demand more details for everyday activities, since I can't just relate RL to Glorantha anymore as one could have when playing RQ's Pavis.
maybe microcosm is the word, while KoDP shows the mesocosm [right term here?]
BTW, I wonder if the Griselda stories still would work under Hero Wars, since all that heortling refugees with dem ol' bloodlines & subcults &...&....&....&... ok, that should've been a question since KoS, but just thought about it now...

--
All Your Base Are Belong To Us!,

 Stefan
 Montag, 18:45:22

.||| mailto: stefan.drawert_at_...
.||| visit: www.clubintakt.de
.||| 06:04:2002 -- Elin wird 2! & club in:Kamp - party