Re: Re: Barbarian Adventures Up North

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:23:22 -0500

Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:

> > Sorry about the incorrect term - it does actually talk abo
> Narrator characters do not always, necessarily, or even often, follow
> the
> rules that Player Heroes do. Otherwise all of Harrek's followers would
> be
> 2w4 themselves (or 2w5, if Jeff's conversation with Greg is an
> indication of
> things to come).

Have no idea!

> The Followers rules are *meant* to be for faceless followers who are
> simply
> spear carriers for the heroes. You know, "Warrior #1", "Warrior #2,
> "Healer". The -8/-12 rule is designed to make it easy to track their
> progress, much like the +/-2 rule for Adversaries and Allies. If you
> *want*
> to make a follower with more than 2 skills, and with other than
> -8/-12, and
> track her progress with Hero Points (or Follower Points), go ahead,
> but the
> idea behind the rules was to let "natural progression" be invisible to
> the
> players/narrator.
>
> Roderick

Also, I suspect that in 2nd Ed, there's going to be a bit more flexiblity in followers/henchmen/allies/spearcarries/whatever... Which was one of the things wanted by various folks on the HW list.

It'd be nice to have a sidekick rather than a mook.

--
Jeffrey Kyer - Consultant
Distributed Technology Management (LOB Porting Lab)