Re: Cold Weather

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:52:21 EST

In a message dated 05/03/02 18:35:26, you write:

<< Whether 5w4 is an example of inflation, depends on how you handle the  contest in rules terms. (I *do* agree that a Simple Contest, using a hero's  default "Resist Dragon Pass winters" rating of 6 versus the winter's Cold  5w4 would be ridiculous.) In my game, I would give healthy bonuses in the  form of augmentations, and edges (and handicaps to the winter's Cold  ability) to handle this. Also, there is a difference between running naked  across the courtyard and spending a week naked on a mountaintop.

 Best regards,
 /Peter Nordstrand

You obviously need to fudge it for the 5W4 to make sense. How about a competiton for the most outrageous fudge. Here are a couple mine:

Since winter needs to last all season, which is a long time, it needs to overcome the duration resistance. This can be treated as a bonus to the other actor in the contest, who therefore gets +60 to his ability to resist.

Who said the objective of the 5W4 winter was to kill anyone. The objective of the cold winter is to make someone chilly. It almost always suceeds and no one in Dragon Pass claims it is "too warm" during the winter.

Keith