Re: Humakti and Heortlings law?

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 10:57:07 -0500

At 3:04 PM +0000 5/7/02, jeffkyer wrote:
>For some reason, there seems to be a parallel between the Chief's
>Humakti and the Chief's Trickster. Both are annoyingly beyond the Law
>and both are dangerous and he's got to pick up after both of them.

        Right. Which is why I can't imagine many "loose" Humakti wandering around -- would you let one onto your tula? Once they are "severed," they are no longer kin, and the clan has no reason to keep them around if they aren't willing to "sheathe" themselves quickly. I can't imagine that they are welcome in the cities, either. I suppose people are leery of ticking Humakt off by persecuting his followers, and I suppose there is a certain amount of "I wander as a religious duty, let me stay the night" (excellent for those _Yojimbo_ inspired plots) action, but there can't be a large population of itinerant killers wandering uncontested through Sartar, can there?

Peter Larsen