Re: Humakti and Heortlings law?

From: jeffkyer <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 16:49:09 -0000

I suspect they might join mercenary warbands? I suppose, when a Humakti becomes initiated, he may have some plans. But I could see a humakti wandering for several years before finding a 'home' and joining it.

> can't imagine that they are welcome in the cities, either. I suppose
> people are leery of ticking Humakt off by persecuting his followers,
> and I suppose there is a certain amount of "I wander as a religious
> duty, let me stay the night" (excellent for those _Yojimbo_ inspired
> plots) action, but there can't be a large population of itinerant
> killers wandering uncontested through Sartar, can there?

I suspect they may die in 'tragic gardening accidents' on the QT. Afterall, Orlanthi are masters of ambush and if a Humakti with _no_ societal protection acts like he owns your stead, well, he only has his own resources to draw upon.

This is probably why there are so many Humakti warbands/mercenary units. In numbers, there is strength. I love the "Yojimbo" analogy. Very chewy.

Jeff