Re: Humakti numbers

From: nichughes2001 <nick.hughes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 09:51:52 -0000

Perhaps you should start from the few numbers we have, 15% of the overall population initiate to gods other than Ernalda and Orlanth. If you assumed that this was evenly spread between the various cults that would result in almost 2000 for each of them and very small numbers for the lesser cults. Is there any particular reason to believe that Humakti would be rarer than, say, Uroxi?

That would imply that roughly 4% of the fighting force of Sartar would be Humakti, although clearly this would vary wildly between clans (I would expect more in the Grey Dog Clan just as I would expect a lot more Elmali in an Elmal clan). Of course it could still be the case that only 1% of the clan fighters were Humakti, that would leave about 1500 Humakti to be hired out by the city rings, the king, or tribal kings when they feel the need.

> > That would mean there would be about 500 humakti in Sartar (say
1600
> > ST), and only 2 in an average 800 person clan.
> >

> I used a slightly different way of calculation but came up with a
number
> very close to this. IMO there are only 500-700 Humakti in Sartar.

I've been working on the assumption that its more like 900-1000 operating as mercenaries but that is working from the idea that in troubled and traumatic times more people need the solace of Humakt as a result of their family/clan ties being shattered.

Then there are always the ducks.

--
Nic