Re: Ratuki

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 07:25:40 -0700 (PDT)

> > Ah! With this theory I'd say he is a giant spirit, not a god.
>
> So would it be hopelessly mis-stating things to say Ratuk's
> worshippers
> were "functionally hsunchen", at least to a first approximation,
> though not of hsunchen historical origins?

Today, I guess you could say that, but the case is still open on whether the Ratuki themselves think that. As mentioned before, I don't know if they think, hsunchen-like, that they have shark-souls in human bodies.

Their (shape-changing) magic looks like hsunchen magic, but I don't know if they get it the same way that hsunchen do. A god-learner would most likely classify them as hsunchen (at least if he didn't know their historical origin).

We know there are tribes who have stopped being hsunchen, but is there any precedence for a people who are not descended from the original fiwan _becoming_ hsunchen?

> > All duly noting that that distinction is not necessarily of
> > great importance in Vithela (except for the methods of worship).
>
> I would think (or would liked to have thought) that that would be the
> only important distinction anywhere...

I know you would :-)

Nils Weinander

Do You Yahoo!?