Re: [Long] Belintar/Ezkankekko

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 14:55:32 -0700

Vingo:

>BELINTAR

>Then he became Pharaoh and rename South Sartar and North
>Heortland: Holy Country.

South Sartar was not made part of the Holy Country because it didn't exist at this time. The Pharaoh created the Holy Country from six lands: Esrolia, Heortland, God Forgot, Shadow Plateau, Rightarm Islands and Caladraland.

>What is the tournament of the Lord of Luck and Death?

         "In this even, certain individuals, chosen by a means known
         only to the Pharaoh, awake between dawn and day, in a
         thoroughly magical Holy Country and compete on the
         magical plane.  The winner gives his body to the Pharaoh,
         who inhabits it for a number of years before requiring a new
         one.  The winner's soul is liberated with consciousness and
         full powers to an angelic existence."
                         Genertela Book.

>Why Belintar did not reincarnate/take new body in 1616ST ?

Because he had been dismembered.

>If my memory did not go wrong, I read that he has been slain
>by Jar-Eel the Razoress.
>Is it true ?

Yes.

>If true why did she does that ?

Because the Pharaoh was an enemy of the Lunar Empire, whom she served.

>Are there any other plots against him ? Lunars, Orlanthis, Uz ?
>Malkioni internal dissensions ?

The Uz are trying to bring back Ezkankekko. The Volsaxi want to replace his rule with an Orlanthi Kingdom. King Rikard wants to establish a Malkioni Kingdom while the God Forgotten probably want a revival of the Machine City.

>Is Ezkankekko really killed or held somewhere (in an hell,
>like Sheng Seleris) ?

There's a story around that he's imprisoned with an Iron Sword thrust in him. The Uz of the Shadow Plateau cast their magics every high holy day to cure him of the Iron Burn so he can get well and pull out the sword.

>He is Son of Argan Argar and Esrola ?

Yes.

>As he always follow the way of cooperation, has he really
>send monsters/daimons to kill Belintar ??

He did and he did. The Pharaoh was out to kill him because he wanted to liberate the land from Darkness. Very little co-operation could take place under such circumstances.

>Is it posible that Belintar is a surviving God Learner as
>could be Delecti ?

Nobody knows. He appears some time after the God Learner destruction.

--Peter Metcalfe