Re: YGWV. Greg's Further Comments

From: giangero <janjero_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 06:52:48 -0000

> 2. As guidelines for upcoming material
> Most of the scenario characters to appear in future supplements are
going
> to follow the conventions that we've set out in the published works.
> Humakti are going to be grim and somber black-clad swordsmen, and
most
> everyone will avoid being near to Death and cross the street to
avoid it.
> I expect people to do as they please, and think HeroQuest is going
to make
> that apparent and expected.

I was reasoning that, among the previous clichè needing to be revised, is the one about Humakti leaders of militia or mercenary regiments. Is it believable that a psychopatic killer is charged with a high military rank and that his subordinates get to really obey and maybe love him (such in the case of many succesful condottieri of the RW past? I'm thinking about Giovanni de' Medici as an example, provided you have seen the excellent (italian) film on his last days)?

Gian