Re: Greg's Comments

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 13:27:09 -0000

> I have to disagree here.
> Eurmali are the BIGGEST cause of troubles and woe.
> Eurmal did uncover death and set it loose upon the world.

True, but without deathwe would be trapped in an endless Great Darkness, where there is no seperation between the land of the living and the land of the dead, with hideous fiends like Uz roaming free. Nice one, Eurmal.

> Eurmali, even when bonded, may not physically cause damage but they
can set
> things in motion so that everybody else smashes, kills and
destroys. And
> that does not only include the Uroxi and Humakti but about everyone
else as
> well.

Yet in most cases, the ill effects that the Eurmali sets in motion are actualy propelled and magnified by the greed, jealousy, etc of everyone else. We are always responsible for our actions, and must take a care about what assumptions and vices we allow ourselves to fall prey to. Having Trickster around reminds us of this. With his harmless pranks and self-defeating tricks, he allows us to laugh at ourselves as well as him. Yes he's dangerous, but so is a sword, and we need those too. He's one of us, and part of us, and it's important that we come to terms with him even if he is a *_at_#&$$ pain in the arse, or untill he becomes so insufferable that we decide to kill him anyway.

Simon Hibbs