Re: Re: Lunar Engineer, I think

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 23:26:32 +1200

At 06:34 AM 7/5/02 +0000, you wrote:

>Sorcerors, IMO, tend to be focused on magic and grimoires because it
>requires much dedication (time, HP, time, attention, time etc.). So a
>skilled architect-sorcerer seems to me quite ossymorous.

There are architect-wizards in Loskalm (the Order of the Artificers p71 Glorantha: Intro). One of the ancient tribes of the Malkioni was the Kadeniti who specialized in building stuff. Likewise in Ralios there's a massive sorcerous tower that rises a mile into the sky.

Yes, Sorcerers do focus on grimoires. So do architects, engineers, doctors, lawyers, accountants, chemists etc in the Real World. Grimoires are important because they transmit knowledge among the Malkioni but there is no limits on the type of magical knowledge they contain (so long as it's based on sorcery).

--Peter Metcakfe