Re: Humakti are sociopaths

From: nichughes2001 <nick.hughes_at_...>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 07:30:24 -0000

> I thought psychopath and sociopath were the same, both people with
> antisocial personality disorder.

The term psychopath comes with an awful lot of baggage attached that I think distracts from discussing the personality types that might choose to join a cult like that of Humakt.

> Not sure either term is useful as they are normally hidden traits.
No
> psychopath can survive once he is found out unless he is head of a
> dictatorship.

Sociopaths are surprisingly common and intelligent ones can be very successful in society, not because they genuinely care for the opinions of others (they do not) but because they are smart enough to use the opinions of others to further themselves.

> IMHO Humakti are more like bomb disposal experts and snipers, weird
and
> cold, but known and
> thus grudgenly accepted. I think the mental illness bit (of
Humakti) is
> overplayed in the modern interpretation of Glorantha.

It is a personality type considered disordered by modern society, there is of course no reason to think that Heortling culture would consider it to be a personality disorder as such. They would probably think it was just a bit odd and creepy.

--
Nic