Re: Re: Humakt's Gifts

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 22:45:31 +0100

andyhoward39 wrote:

> I have more problems with a lot of the non-physical stuff: how you
> learn Sense Undead for instance. Play peek-a-boo with a vampire? I've
> worked out a story for this occasion, but its one of those where you
> push through the narrative and dare the players to question the logic.

Two points:
1) If something is too difficult to do... don't do it. 2) HW is about creative creation of fiction. One type of bad fiction has reams of dull exposition.

So, if you can't think of an interesting way for someone to learn Sense Undead (an interesting myth to re-enact), simply don't bother. Just move on and say 'my character learns the Sense Undead Feat'. This is no different from not bothering to describe what your character eats for breakfast, how many times they comb their hair, or just how many times they sharpen their sword. Fast forward over the uninteresting bits. Cut to the chase.

If you can, read (or reread) Morden Defends the Camp. Several Feats are mentioned, yet there is no indication of exactly what they do or what myth you would have to re-enact to learn them. Ambiguous references are a blessing, not a curse.