Re: Re: Storm Lord poetry... (half-serious suggestion)

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 17:08:32 -0700

Andrew Barton wrote:
>>> I don't expect carpentry is a specialized skill (I
>>> don't recall any builder gods in "Storm Tribe").
>
> What about thatching?

I felt like, if carpentry isn't a specialized profession, then throwing straw on a roof frame sure wouldn't qualify.

Even now that I'm reminded of Orlanth Contractor (or whatever his name is), I still suspect that "roofer" is too limited a specialty for those barbaric lands. I'll think more on this, though. I like the idea of Olanth Thunderous being vaguely annoyed with housebuilders who think they can keep out his holy rain...

--AMS