RE: Re: Canal in Prax

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:32:55 -0400

Nick said :

>FWIW and IIRC, Waha *angered* the river gods by digging a canal and
>using it to flush Chaos out of Prax.
>
>Whether "increased Lunar commerce" is treated as a filthy influx of
>Chaos, I leave to the reader to decide.

Oh yeah, big time. The Praxians are okay with canals (not that they know diddly about engineering since the Good Canal should have run to the Ocean to do any good in cleansing Prax rather than just petering out at the Block-What do you mean we need an outlet for the water?)

Zola Fel is said to despise Waha and the Praxians for terminally soiling his/her sister the Good River Goddess (Great spirit now I suppose). I would say that you would have to perform some serious magic/ritual to allow another canal to be dug no matter what the reason. Those Praxian water spirits are seriously gunshy about waterwork projects. I imagine that the Sun County bunch would have had to do something pretty serious to get permission to dig the little irrigation canals they have. I suppose the Count's marriage to Kinope counts towards this.

Oliver