Re: A bit more on Elmal

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 20:40:31 +0200

Greg :

> >subcults (Torchbearer, Hellwalker)
>
> [...] These are not major subcults.

The Torchbearer subcult may very well be sufficiently covered by the Elmali mythos (and therefore not needing explicit description in the book line), true (which doesn't mean that it's not a major subcult IMO and IMG), but I can't myself see that the Hellwalker subcult isn't at least *very* important : and at the very least a major source of Elmali HeroQuesting and possible anti-Darkness powers (Secret ?). The Elmal in Hell side of things has certainly been debated at length here and elsewhere, suggesting that it actually *is* quite important, indeed major.

> He is the sun, not a Torchbearer. The sun is his torch.

Well, that's precisely my point, really ; although I'd personally relegate that particular role to one of his sons, not Elmal himself ...

Julian Lord