Re: Old Wind Temple

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 10:47:49 +0100

Bass Jonuk:

>What is the Sartar Atlas? Sounds an interesting project - tell me more.

This was announced at Convulsion, so I think I'm safe in repeating it here :-) The Sartar Atlas is planned to be the next HW release after Orlanth is Dead! (although plans have a funny way of being changed in the face of reality). It is pretty much what it sounds like - a book about all the cool and interesting places in Dragon Pass that we could think of and squeeze between the covers. It comes with a super-cool map, in the same style as the Lunar Empire map from Unspoken Word. It's written by a number of authors (for example, I did the Torkani stuff, John Hughes did the Far Place, etc.) all carefully coordinated by Issaries to make a hopefully seamless whole.

The other upcoming book announced at Convulsion that isn't yet mentioned at the website is a hero band book (no official title yet) detailing a bunch of new hero bands, all of them active within Sartar, to use as allies, foes or employers for player characters. Again, there are a number of authors, but the intent this time is to let each author's individual style be more visible, so as to provide a range of different perspectives on Sartar, and on possible different campaign types. Don't like me giving you yet more healer bands to pick from, or wittering on about visiting Malkioni? Fine, maybe the warrior or spy bands by other authors will be more your thing. Especially neat, IMO, are the inclusion of units from the Dragon Pass boardgame and the re-injection of the RQ-era wacky sense of fun that some people have found lacking in HW products so far - Jeff Kyer and Mark Galeotti have both provided some supremely excellent material in this latter regard.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic