Re: Re: New Pelorian

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:03:04 +1200

Bo:

>Yes, this is what the passage in Glorantha:intro means as far as I
>understand, and all it means.

>It can give you a greater acceptance and understanding of that which is
>foreign and perhaps morally wrong to your native culture, but it does
>not make you worship Lunar deities by itself (it may give you a slight
>push in the right direction, though).

But the point was that one doesn't have to worship Lunar deities to become a Lunar - one could become a Lunar by speaking New Pelorian very well. And by Lunar, I mean the type of person whose traits are described in the Glorantha: Intro p90-96. While not seventhed/illuminated/enlightened/liberated, she or he is still aware of the cosmic unity underlying everything in pretty much the same way as an Orlanthi knows what the weathers going to be like.

A final note: becoming a Lunar doesn't mean you recognize the humanity of your human enemies - it also requires acceptance or tolerance of chaos to avoid insanity (G:I p96). Still wanna take those New Pelorian lessons?

>But if I understand Greg's post, there is *no* connection between NP and
>Illumination.

As far as I understand it, Greg was speaking of Nysaloran Illumination which isn't really what the Goddess teaches. New Pelorian AFAIK is only a beginning of the path to Cosmic Liberation.

--Peter Metcalfe