Re: Re: Uroxi sense Chaos-tainted/marked ?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 21:37:47 +1200

Andy Howard:

>But aren't the cultural customs generally derived from myth, and thus
>possessed of ritual significance? I'll ramble further...

What was initially being suggested was that because of their cultural outlook, the CharUn, say, are more resistant to the chaos that results from their actions than a Loskalmi might be.

>The cultures who deal with chaos by giving it a place in their
>customs (rape, secret murder, torture, keeping huge demon bats, etc),
>even if only to be used against their enemies, probably do appear to
>avoid the immediate and obvious consequences of their deeds. I'd
>reckon their soldiers are less likely to turn into broos, at least in
>the short term, because the crime is no longer one of individual
>chaos.

The crime is still one of individual chaos. Chaos only results when "a person makes a passionate refusal to recognize the limits of the natural and moral universe". Glorantha: Intro p33, Cults of Terror p19. In other words, the focal point of entry is through the actions of the Gloranthan. It is not something that a culture can absolve a person from doing even through custom.

--Peter Metcalfe