Re: Re: Travels of Biturian Varosh question

From: con1453_at_...
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 04:52:25 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/02 12:56:38 AM, morganconrad_at_... writes:

<< If you guys want the Evil Lunars to have religious philosophy that is pro-slavery, not pro-liberation, >>

I'm not quite sure I understand the protest here. Many (most) cultures in Glorantha have slaves. (The ones that don't have whole classes of people that are pretty close to slaves.) The Sartarites have thralls. In the RW, just about every advanced culture for most of recorded culture had slaves -- and most had lots of them.

It wasn't until the 19th century in the RW that you could tell good guys from bad guys (assuming you could) by their attitude towards slavery.

Personally, I'm more disturbed by the sudden absence of ransoms, and what seems to be the idea that the proper action after every battle is to go around cutting throats to prevent final actions. If my players did that (they don't) I would give them a "cruel" rating, as well as fixed hostility from whomever it was they were doing this to.

Jim Chapin