Re: Magic when God is Dead

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 23:06:39 +0000

Mikael Raaterova

> A hero that tries to use
> a heroquested Destor power when Destor is dead goes
> against mythical
> reality and must prove that Destor is not *quite*
> Dead.

Failure to do so while getting there in the role of Destor appears to me as the direct transfer to his god at this time, i.e. being dead.

Things get muddy when the follower of Destor impersonates some other "related" deity during this quest, say Tatouth (assuming Tatouth was alive at this time when Destor was dead) or Odayla.

If it is a magic which is shared by these two deities, IMO it should work even if the Destor initiate did not bother to argue that Destor was alive, too.

On the other hand, could it work this way?

Upon leaving Karulinoran with his leader, the Barntari states / finds out: "I follow the path of Barntar. It is the Great Darkness, so you know where to find me, Ernalda..."

Or does it mean that if your "team" is made up in the wrong way (referring to either official roles or the usual identifications), you just cannot leave Karulinoran or Daleel into a certain period/myth?