Re: Storm Village while Orlanth is Dead(TM)

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:11:15 -0000

Remember that the God Time is none-linear, so that it is normally possible to heroquest back to any age where your god was active

>While Orlanth is Dead Tee-Em, an Issaries worshipper can still go to
>the godworld. He goes into his temple. The god-talker does the
>rituals, and the temple becomes Issaries' Tent. The worshipper walks
>out of the Tent and finds... what? Presumably not the Chaos Age
>Storm Village, because Issaries wasn't in the village in the Chaos
>Age (he was in the underworld with Orlanth). So what *does* the
>woshipper see?

There are a few possibilities here.
1) Whatever he wants to see - If he is questing back to the Storm Age then he comes out in the Storm Age storm village - Orlanth is only Dead *Now* - he has not been completely destoyed (as, for instance Kajabor destroyed gods).

I'm not sure this is right though, it seems to lessen the impact of OiD(tm) if the Non-Orlanth worshipping Heortlings can actually still reach him in other "ages" - It also brings into question what happens to/for someone who worships Orlanth and another God (although technically the rules d not allow you to initiate to seperate gods, only to multiple aspects of one god).

2)The Worshipper can't leave Issaries Tent. Since it is no longer possible to contact Orlanth from the current period in time then any attempt to do anything that would contact him will fail, If an Issaries merchant can only leave the tent to join Orlanth, and that isn't possiblethen he will have to stay in the tent

2a)...or find a myth where Issaries tent is not in the Storm Village, and use that myth to enter the Heroplane instead.

I'm not sure this is right either - it means that the effect of OiD (tm) is almost as great amongst the Non-Orlanthi worshippers whose myths interact with his - While they may still be able to use their existing magic, they would not be able to learn new magic, or initiate new members, since both of these require some sort of interaction with the hero/god plane.

3) A ruined/deserted Storm Village. The heroquestor is still able to enter the Storm Village normally, but since Orlanth is dead and unreachable from his starting point he can not find him on the other side (unless he can follow a myth where he does encounter Orlanth in Hell, of course - Or he can start from "somwhere/somewhen" else where Orlanth is not Dead, although I'm not sure how you would do this. "If you want to get to Orlanth in the Storm Village, you don't want to start from here..."

4) Whatever/wherever he would normally see/be if he was questing back to the Chaos Age if Orlanth wasn't dead. The effect of OiD is to make this the only portion of the Hero/Godplane accessible to those with (strong) links to Orlanth.