Re: Yet another uber thread

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 10:56:00 +0000

>I don't know if this was already theorized by anyone
>or if it belongs to Nick's "hundred things I hate
>about Glorantha" or if it is mere GDigest ranting
>(with all the due respect for the Digest), but...

If you think it is Digest rantings, then please send to the Digest <grin>

>The thread is: do Gloranthans (human
>Gloranthans)reason and act and live basically like RW
>humans (with a wide range of emotional and
>psychological behaviors, as in the RW, but also with a
>basic mortal mold that limits their performance), or
>are they alien beings that just incidentally are
>called humans (as in most RPGs) but that can (due to
>the nature of Glorantha) and usually will become gods,
>demons, monsters, uz, killers and generally display an
>extreme sensibility which finds no equal in the real
>world ???

Yes! Humans are (essentially) the same as us, but have the capability to become more. Just as many beliefs in the real world allow for us earthly humans to become more, whether through Buddhists enlightenment, Christian assent to heaven, or whatever. In Glorantha these changes are just more accepted and more visible than in our world.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson