Re: Are Gloranthans Human?

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...> <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 19:17:57 -0000

Gian:

> Technology is a thing that I can have or not, sure.
> Anyway, it doesn't change my human nature, I think.
> But I don't think it's correct to compare Gloranthan
> magic to technology.
> To use a car you have to get one and then learn how to
> use it.
> To be a Devotee of Humakt, you have to, well, _be_
> one. You can't just learn it. You are called (by
> Humakt) to be part of his entourage.

Yet another reason why Malkioni sorcery is superior to pagan mumbo-jumbo! :-)

> Does this fact make your Humakti an alien (much more
> than a car driver is an alien if compared to a X
> century peasant)?

Nah, I don't think so. Yes, his worldview is very different, but then so is that of a 21st century chartered accountant from that of a 10th century peasant. Both are still human, and I'd maintain that humans with a mindset not too different from that of Humakti devotees have existed in the real world, and arguably with less reason.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic