Re: Re: Blackhorse numbers - clarification

From: Agent Groove <coridan_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 01:09:53 -0500

> All part of the pain the demons demand. It actually takes lots of mares
> get just one baby mount. A combination of the mares dying in the act of
> mating/or being prematurely devoured from the inside by the dear little
> baby. It may be as bad a ratio as 1 in a 100 matings to successful
> birthings. Just another reason for the neighbours to hate them.

Boy, the Grazers and Elmali must *love* these guys.

> >Damn, this is just the sort of detail I with Glorantha authors would
> >bother to put in. This sort of thing tend's to make a big difference in
> >the game afterall.
>
> >I think we'd need a nice big book on "Demonology and Glorantha" anyway.
> >Now that heroquesting and high level magic is becoming the norm for
> >games, there's a lot of call for the product.

Well, one of the problems is that in Glorantha, one man's Demon is another man's spirit or Daimon. I'm sure that Uz Ancestors spirits would be regarded as "demons" by devout Dara Happans.

Side Note - being a god of the Underworld, I've always wondered about Shargash' Darkness Rune Connections. It seems that he and Zorak Zoran have many things in common, and may even be perhaps twisted cognates of each other.

"A leader gets power from followers.
"Violence is always an option."
"A good man does all things well"
"Mistakes are made, and fixed."

Proverbs of Orlanth, King of the Storm Gods Chris Bell
coridan_at_...
argrath_at_...