Re: Glorantha d20

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:35:10 -0000

> The game should be d20 Compliant to appeal to the large numbers of
> people intorduced or reintroduced to roleplaying by the d20 system
who
> are not (currently) interested in looking for alternate rules
systems.
> It should aim to introduce them to Glorantha so that (at least)
some
> of them will go on to become full members of the Gloranthan
community.

If there was such a thing as Glorantha D20, any suggestion that purchasers of the game would not be full members of the community would be the touch of death for the game.

If buying a Glorantha D20 game doesn't buy you full membership of the community, what's the point? It's somethjign that should either be done properly, or not at all.

Oh sure, a free fan produced download PDF version would be nice to have and probably a worthy project for someone, but anything other than a full commitment to a commercial product would be an appalling mistake. I'm no D&D fan, but Cthulhu D20 is a fun, playable game. I fully believe that a Glorantha D20 product could potentialy be just as good a game for Glorantha as RQ ever was, anyone who didn't believe that shouldn't have any business working on such a project, IMHO.

Unfortunately a shortage of such people is one reason why it won't ever happen.

Simon Hibbs