Re: Re: What attracted you to Glorantha?

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:17:24 +0000

> > Magic in Hero Wars, for me, is way to vague, and the magic system is
> > one great indication of how HW is designed
> > with the Gloranthaphile in mind, as opposed to the new gamer.
> >

> I don't think this is
>necessarily true for New Gamers (and the anecdotal evidence of others
>and my own experiences running for people who are non-Glornathaphiles
>seem to bear this out) who are happy to accept that feats work by
>allowing you to do what the feat describes...

During my experience of running games (lost count of how many players for by now - over twenty, certainly) I've only once come across a player have problems with the magic system. And given his complaint was "How do we deal with Gorp without Disruption" I'm pretty sure which camp he was in...

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson