Re: Fun OR Accuracy?

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:56:01 -0000

Its my understanding that Apple Lane exists and will be appearing somewhere in the Sartar Rising series. However, the place does not sit well with a few folks and they would rather it not exist.

Me? I found it wierd but nice.

> Yelmalio. Does anyone who hasn't been carefully following all the
details
> for the past several years understand what happened to him? I
remember when
> Greg first "revealed" Elmal. At one time, I thought I understood
what the
> the situation was. Now I know, I still haven't gotten it
straight. He was
> part of the Yelm pantheon, but doesn't seem to exist as part of
that now.
> How can I explain to a new player what the situation is if I don't
> understand it? Yes, I can make up my own explanation (including
keeping to
> the original situation). However, if I want to pick up
the "Glorious
> Reascent of Yelm" to use as a book in my campaign, I then have to
explain
> why he doesn't exist in the book. A son of Yelm who isn't
recognized in a
> major work about Yelm. Who is Elmal? Who is worshipped in the Sun
Dome
> Temples?

Yelmalio is worshipped in the Sun Dome Temples and that's never changed as far as I know. Elmal is worshipped amongst the clansmen. But even in RQ2 days, Yelmalions were very much a breed apart from everyone else, living in their little kibbutz-like communnes.

Elmal is worshipped in clans. Yelmalio is worshipped in the Sun Dome Temples. Very simple. Very easily explained. There is no reason to make it into a huge obscure obtruse mystery.

Hope this helps,

JEff