Re: Re: Pyramid push for articles

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:05:04 +0300

Andrew "Uzophile" Solovay wrote:

> For a
> sizable and fanatical portion of us, the Uz are what makes Glorantha totally
> rock. It's a way to bring fans in.

Continuing proof Andrew is a right-thinking person. <grin>

More seriously: one of the best things about Glorantha for me has always been the non-human races, which actually have some character instead of the Other Game approach of "elves are tall pretty noble humans, dwarves are short squat greedy humans, etc."* But there's not a lot of info out there for playing non-humans (other than uz). Short, fan-produced introductory pieces on some of the 'classic' races like ducks, aldryami and such to "hold us over" until the official stuff is out would be a nice plus. It's probably not possible to do a "big book of funky characters," but stuff for the web (including maybe a quikee intro to uz, even though UTTOG is out) might be useful! (And if you intrigue people through the intros, they go buy the actual book...).

One problem I've heard from a couple of friends that have toyed around with HW is that they feel a need to improvise quite a bit to play non-Sartarite characters (and now, presumably, Lunars), since they want classic "two Orlanthi, an Uroxi, a bison rider, a troll and a duck" campaigns. A lot of people just don't have the *time* to translate the old RQ material, or create it from whole cloth. A list of online available scenarios would probably be handy for this as well, so that people can "jump right in."

I'll even bit the bullet and volunteer to do the latter, if someone more gullible won't do it.

Cheers,

James